Developing a working script is one of the essential elements of any health insurance telemarketing strategy. While many companies that provide telecommerce have scripts available its advised that you create your own script, at least as a reference so you are getting the qualified prospects you want. There are many reasons behind this including:
- You understand your prospects and their needs much better than another script creator ever will.
- General scripts might have been used by the competition and potential customers could have previously heard them.
- The script will be designed to generate qualified prospects you want, and will not include extra questions which are irrelevant to your needs.
Even though it is important to use a script made just for you there are a number of approaches that can be used to enhance sales.
- Uncomplicated scripts are generally the most effective telecommerce scripts. The prospect has to know why you’re calling and why they should be interested within several second of getting on the phone.
- Get to the point promptly, do not go with your entire sales pitch on a cold call, stick with the essentials.
- Keep the goal of the call in mind when creating the script. If you are generating a lead or setting an appointment that should be the objective of the call. Nothing else should be included.
Here is a basic script outline you can follow:
Hi, This is NAME with XXX Insurance Company and we are a local health insurance broker here in your city and we specialize in saving individuals like you a lot of money and improve your medical coverage. With all of our plans you get to keep all your current doctors!
Rebuttals to common questions:
- This isn’t a sales call, we just want to verify some of your information and get out a free quote that can save you money on health insurance.This will only take a couple minutes and could save you thousands of dollars.
I just need to ask you a couple quick questions so we can make sure you are qualified and get you out the lowest rate quotes with the best coverage possible:
- Are you currently insured?
- (If yes) who do you currently buy your health insurance from?
- What is your age?
- Do you use tobacco?
- Is there anyone else to be covered with you on the quote? (Wife or kids)
- What is the best email to send the quotes to?
Thanks for your time. We’ll have one of our agents call you back with an updated health insurance quote, have a great day!
Once you have your script finished its not set in stone. It can require some changes based on the telemarketer’s feedback to get things running smoothly after the calls start to be made. Its also important to write rebuttals for frequently asked questions that callers might be asked.