What exactly does a cosmetic dentist do? Basically they perform a diverse array of dental treatments that aim to restore both the functionality and aesthetics of a patient’s teeth.
Breaking down food into smaller particles, your teeth play an important role in the digestive process. But aside from that, they also perform an aesthetic function. Haven’t you noticed that people with healthy and white, shiny teeth are more confident? Their radiant smile boosts their confidence. Conversely, teeth problems can dampen one’s confidence.
Discolored, chipped, or missing teeth are unappealing. It is for this reason that you need to seek the help of a cosmetic dentist. Some of the services offered by these professionals are:
- Missing Teeth Replacement – To remedy missing teeth or wide gaps between teeth, cosmetic dentists offer dental implants, crowns, bridges and dentures. With these procedures, you can have restorations that are natural-looking.
- Teeth Whitening Systems – Your teeth can become discolored over time. You may get stains from food and beverages, lifestyle habits like smoking or chewing of tobacco, and some medications. Aside from lifestyle changes, restoring the luster of your teeth requires teeth whitening procedures. These days dentists can perform this procedure at home or at a dental clinic.
- Reshaping Of The Teeth – Porcelain veneers can be used to reshape your teeth if they have been worn down. A more pleasing shape can add to the beauty of your smile.
- Damaged Teeth Restoration – Do you have chipped, cracked or discolored teeth? Cosmetic dentists use procedures like porcelain veneers and bonding to restore them. For severely damaged teeth, dental crowns are used.
- Teeth alignment – Remedy your crooked or misaligned teeth. Now there are invisible alternatives apart from the conventional metal braces.
Before opting for a particular procedure, it is crucial to schedule an appointment with your chosen cosmetic dentist. During this interview, your dentist will present to you the available treatments that you can choose from. For your part, you need to determine whether the results of a particular procedure are what you are after. You should also inquire about the changes to expect and the maintenance involved.
When choosing a cosmetic dentist, make sure that your prospective dentist comes from reputable professional groups. See his or her quality of work by looking at available before and after photos. Check what other patients have to say about the quality of work the dentist has provided in the past. Also, see some proofs that the cosmetic dentist keeps abreast with the latest advancements in the field through continuing education.